Friday, January 21, 2011

Egg Drop Soup

Image/Recipe via SimplyRecipes.com

I've made this several times before but my version is slightly different. My kids don't like to eat vegetables and mushroom (I don't know of any kid who does anyway) so I omit those in my cooking.

Basically you can throw in anything you like in your soup... as long as they're edible and your ingredients are fresh, your soup should taste alright and no one should end up in the hospital! :B

ingredients
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 4 cups of chicken stock * I use the cube stuff cos I'm lazy
  • 1 tablespoon of corn starch
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
  • 3/4 cup of straw, enoki, or sliced shiitaki mushrooms

method

Reserve 1/2 cup of the stock and mix with the cornstarch until dissolved.

Place the chicken stock, ginger, soy sauce, green onions, mushrooms and white pepper in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch and stock mixture and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer.

Slowly pour in the beaten eggs while stirring the soup. The egg will spread out into ribbons. Turn off the heat and garnish with a few more chopped green onions. Serve immediately.

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gimme crumbs! gimme more crumbs! ^-^