Friday, December 24, 2010

Sweet and Smoky Pecans

Image/Recipe via Fitnessmagazine.com

Oh my! I haven't updated this food blog of mine for a MONTH now... confirm la sia ni pemalas! Hehe... hey, it's the holiday season so I'm automatically in a holiday mood too. But it's Christmas Eve therefore I must post something Chrismassy!

This is a very simple recipe... pandai cakap simple but I haven't even made these myself. Belum ada oven lagi so how to make?? Maybe next year Santa will grant my wish and get me a supadupa oven for me to bake cookies, cupcakes, chicken, lamb, beef, turkey.... *major drool*

Merry Christmas my dear friends and readers of Recipes I Luv! Remember not to over-indulge in food. Eat slowly, chew many-many times... and if you're driving, don't get drunk!

Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 15 mins,
Makes: 6 servings

ingredients
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch cayenne

method

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well.

3. Spread the nuts on the baking sheet; roast, tossing halfway through, until browned, 12 to 15 minutes.

4. Let the nuts cool. Serve.

Nutritional Facts (per serving):

220 cal; 3g protein, 8g carbs; 22g fat (1.9g saturated); 3g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment

gimme crumbs! gimme more crumbs! ^-^