Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bubur Pulut Hitam


Well hello readers! Hello? Anybody there?? *Echoooo*

Hmmm... guess I might have been MIA for too long. Oh well, happy new year 2013!! Nah, I'm not going to blog more food postings if you're wondering. But I'll surely share them if I did cook something new and that means I did cook something new. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out... hah! OK, enough with the snarkiness, not that I'm that kind of person but I can be, if the person gets on my nerves. 

Last weekend as I was busy 'pinteresting', I saw a recipe from Rasa Malaysia. Since I was craving for something sweet and creamy = sinful, so I decided to make Bubur Pulut Hitam (Black Sticky Rice Pudding). I've made bubur countless times before but never made pulut hitam. So, off I went and bought the ingredients. I never knew Pulut Hitam could be so dem expensive though. It cost RM10.00 for a mere 1kg. I substituted sugar with gula melaka because I prefer the creamy and caramelly taste of it. 

This recipe is just so easy to make. Though it may take up to an hour for the cooking process but the end result is truly satisfying. I just love the nutty taste of the bubur. You should soak the black rice overnight for a  smoother bubur and quicker to cook too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gimme crumbs! gimme more crumbs! ^-^